Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Now that you have the frame work done you will need to collect some pop cans, beer cans or any other kind of aluminum cans. Aluminum cans work better they absorb the heat better. You will have to cut the bottom and the top out so air can pass through them. My heater held 272 pop cans, I think that took the longest to do was cut the cans out. I also lined the hole inside with aluminum foil before I put the cans in.
I glued my cans together and than laid them in the heater. You will also have to put a snap disk thermostat in one of the cans. It is best to put it at the opposite the fan, if not it turn off and on all day. You will want to get one that turns on at 120 deg and turns off at 90 deg. After that you will want to paint the hole inside of the heater flat black and only flat it will adsorb the heat better.




At the each end of the heater I cut a 4 inch circle and in all the dead space I filled it with foam insulation than covered the ends with aluminum  flashing. Than I painted all of that flat black.

That`s it for know I will add more tomorrow......




Click here for more information on this and many other diy energy projects

No comments:

Post a Comment